[GRASS-user] [GRASS-dev] [cmbarton.wikidot.com] Contact via Wikidot.com

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu May 22 06:27:30 PDT 2014

The way the GRASS-Mac startup is configured, it looks for python in this order:

  what's set in GRASS_PYTHON (full path to pythonw, needed for wxpython GUI)

  what is found in the PATH (/opt is probably in your PATH)

  the python.org Python (/Library/Frameworks)

  the system python

It checks each for the python version needed, but not the architecture.  the error you are getting is probably because GRASS needs to run python 32bit because of Wxpython limitations, but the /opt python is 64bit only.  That's odd that macports does that since you need wxpython 3 to be able to run 64bit.  But GRASS should have its own wxpython bundled, and it's best to use the python it was compiled for (system python as Michael said).