[GRASS-user] [GRASS-dev] [cmbarton.wikidot.com] Contact via Wikidot.com

Adam Dershowitz adershowitz at exponent.com
Thu May 22 07:12:33 PDT 2014

Just to add a bit more data.  I have a 10.9 machine and also use macports,
so have macports python 2.7 installed.
The Kyngchaos 6.4 seems to run just fine.  But, I recently tried Grass
7.0.beta2 (Barton) and I have also run into python errors.
If I just try to run it I get this error:

ImportError:
dlopen(/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/pyth
on2.7/site-packages/numpy/core/multiarray.so, 2): no suitable image found.
 Did find:
	/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/
site-packages/numpy/core/multiarray.so: mach-o, but wrong architecture

So, I tried switching to System python:

sudo port select python python27-apple

But, oddly, got the same error.  So, it seems to still be using Macports
numpy.  But, then I tried setting:
setenv GRASS_PYTHON /usr/bin/pythonw

And now I get a different error:

GRASS 7.0.0svn (KDEN):~ > g.gui
Launching <wxpython> GUI in the background, please wait...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/Applications/Grass/GRASS-7.0.app/Contents/MacOS/gui/wxpython/wxgui.py",
line 25, in <module>
    from core import globalvar
  File
"/Applications/Grass/GRASS-7.0.app/Contents/MacOS/gui/wxpython/core/globalv
ar.py", line 84, in <module>
    import wx
  File
"/Applications/Grass/GRASS-7.0.app/Contents/MacOS/etc/python/wx/__init__.py
", line 45, in <module>
    from wx._core import *
  File
"/Applications/Grass/GRASS-7.0.app/Contents/MacOS/etc/python/wx/_core.py",
line 4, in <module>
    import _core_
ImportError:
/Applications/Grass/GRASS-7.0.app/Contents/MacOS/etc/python/wx/_core_.so:
no appropriate 64-bit architecture (see "man python" for running in 32-bit
mode)

But, now it is trying to use the library included with Grass, but still
isn't working.

-- Adam