[GRASS-user] Renaming layers: temporary/session and permanent renaming

RichardCooper richtcooper at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 3 07:18:41 PST 2014

After reading the wxgui guidelines, I see that the expected behaviour is a
right click to enable a call to g.rename*. This is apparently not working in
my GRASS version as noted above? I'm able to rename directly in the layer
name, but this is temporary, and no g.rename window opens.

*Ref: grass70_release/dist.i686-pc-linux-gnu/docs/html/wxGUI.html
'A right mouse click on a layer or left clicking the button to the right of
the layer opens a dropdown menu with options to remove or rename the layer
(g.remove, g.rename),...'