[GRASS-user] Longitudinal stream profiles

Charlie Shobe Charles.Shobe at Colorado.EDU
Tue Nov 4 07:53:42 PST 2014

Hello,

I am trying to extract longitudinal stream profiles for stream channels
(running 6.4.4 on OSX 10.9.5), and am curious if anyone has done this
before and has any hints about what an efficient workflow would be.

My thought is to use r.streams.extract and r.streams distance, which should
enable me to gather the required information. The one question I have is
how to allow a user to choose the upper end of a channel, and have GRASS
separate the information for that entire stream profile (from the selected
point down to the outlet) into a new vector file.

I'd really appreciate it if anyone has done this in the past-- I can't find
much information related to this type of analysis online.

Thanks,

Charlie