[GRASS-user] Longitudinal stream profiles

César Augusto Ramírez Franco caesarivs at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 08:38:17 PST 2014

Hello Charlie,

You could use the flag -o and method=downstream (which is the default
method) with r.stream.distance to get two raster maps with distances and
elevations to the outlet.

You should use v.points on the stream_vect map you obtained with
r.stream.extract so you could then upload this distances and elevation
values to the points stream vector map using v.what.rast.

Then you could go to R and read that vector map using the spgrass6
readVECT6 function and then perform your analysis in R.

That's what I've done before, I'm hoping this could help you and looking
forward to other implementations that doesn't need to go to R.