[GRASS-user] Opensuse and Grass

Tim Southern tim.southern at talktalk.net
Tue Nov 11 01:13:02 PST 2014

Sorry for not getting back earlier but broadband was down!

I updated Opensuse to 13.2 which included the updates to the version of Grass for Opensuse 13.2.

Tried using grass to check all my previous software was running, Grass starts asks to chose map set etc and then promptly crashes with the warning about possible missing numpy etc.  I then used Yast to remove all of Grass and reinstalled  (have tried one click, download and install and Yast install) and in all cases the the same problem.

As I never got past the point of opening grass before the crash I am not sure what other bits might or might not be working.

Doing a web search on the error message turned up a report in early July with a Mac OS instal where various bits of the required code ended up in wrong folders and gave the same error messages and line numbers.

Kind regards

Tim
Tim Southern
17, Park Close,