[GRASS-user] d.out.file / d.save - Shell-script use issues

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Sun Nov 16 09:24:42 PST 2014

Nikos Alexandris <nik at nikosalexandris.net>

Vaclav Petras wrote:

> One of the problems with `d.erase` is that it is not clear what it is
> supposed to do. Remove maps from display? Set background? Zoom to
> region?
> Different people were/are using it with different ideas in mind. This
> is
> also one of the reasons why `d.erase` is not implemented in the main
> GUI.

The only reason I use d.erase is for, as per the description, to erase
contents
of the active display with a user defined color. If erasing could be
part of d.mon,
then d.erase might be not necessary (any more).

Background color is already in d.mon and in d.rast.
It's the first time, though, I read about d.erase and zoom-to-region
:-!

Nikos