[GRASS-user] A question before I embark on a programming exercise

Thomas Adams tea3rd at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 20:10:44 PST 2014

All:

I need to generate an ascii text file from a flow direction grid that
consists of (among a couple other things that don't really matter at this
point) for each pixel:

(1) a unique integer identifier (1 -- N) for the pixel
(2) the integer identifier of the downstream pixel (assuming there is ONLY
one)
(3) the x,y location of the pixel (presumably, the lower left corner of the
pixel)

has anyone already done something like this?

It's needed (along with some header information) as an input file for a
gridded distributed hydrologic model, identifying the flow connectivity
from pixel to pixel for streamflow routing purposes. I have already
formulated conceptually how to do this, but if someone has already done
such a thing, why reinvent the wheel??

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Tom