[GRASS-user] Grass70 win7 r.basin

César Augusto Ramírez Franco caesarivs at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 09:07:37 PDT 2014

Maybe you're picking the wrong pair of coordinates,

Are you picking them upstream from the basin outlet? I mean, near the
outlet but a little upstream

> Dear all,
>
> in the addon r.basin, the help says that basin output coordinates must
> be picked up from some vector feature, the river network, which is
> generated by the addon r.stream.extract.
>
> That means I have the utm elevation raster and successfully ran
> r.watershed for accumulation raster on grass70/win7.
>
> However, despite the plugin get steps 1 through 4 without errors, it
> cannot complete the area delineation.
>
> I have tried, both, picking a utm point from point geometries and from
> line geometries.
>
> The message I get is:
>
> --
> An Error has occurred.
> Please try with another pairs of outlet coordinates.
> --
>
> Have anybody tried r.basin from grass70 on win7?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Jose Anderson

*César Augusto Ramírez Franco*
Laboratorio de Sistemas Complejos Naturales
Escuela de Geociencias
Facultad de Ciencias
Universidad Nacional de Colombia - Sede Medellín
Teléfono: (57-4) 430 9369 - 300 459 6085