[GRASS-user] problem to install grass70 on ubuntu 12.04

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Oct 2 23:47:34 PDT 2014

Hi Pedro, Ubuntu'ers,

On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 12:56 AM, Pedro Venâncio
<pedrongvenancio at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Markus,
>
> GRASS 7.0.0 (pinhel):~ > g.version -g --v
> version=7.0.0svn
> date=2014
> revision=

--> this should not be empty.

> build_date=2014-10-02
> build_platform=i686-pc-linux-gnu
>
> I just installed GRASS 7.0.0~ppa~2~revno-30939~ubuntu12.04.1 from ppa.

I suspect that the absent version number is causing the issue. Since
it was AFAIK solved time ago, this may indicate that the packaged
version in the PPA is outdated.

Do you find a file
include/grass/version.h
on your disk? What does it contain? I want to know the r (revision)
number to understand of which age the Ubuntu built is.

> I also have GRASS 6.4.4-2~precise4 installed in same machine. Could it be
> some conflict between 6.4 and 7.0 versions?

No, should not be an issue if properly packaged (they can happily live
together on a same machine).

Markus