[GRASS-user] Basic problem with defining parameter

adamhoff adamhoffritz89 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 07:00:10 PDT 2014

Hello,
I'm new to GRASS and programming and I'm trying to learn Grass shell
programming and developing a small code help me automate my work.
I'm doing this tutorial grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Shell_scripting and have
already run into a problem (which, early in a tutorial is rather annoying)

When I try to run this
map=$1
g.message message="Setting computational region to map <$map>"
g.region rast=$map
d.erase
d.rast $map
exit 0

Grass tells me it cannot find the map. But I don't even know where exactly I
put the name of the file is it
map=$name_of_raster or map=name_of_raster.

Does someone have the answer?