[GRASS-user] r.drain stops after short segment

Charlie Shobe Charles.Shobe at Colorado.EDU
Tue Oct 28 12:12:38 PDT 2014

Thanks to Markus and Ivan for the help-- I'll answer this on the forum in
case others have the same problem in the future.

For the record, I am using GRASS 6.4.4 on Mac OS 10.9.5.

The problem was that though I ran r.fill.dir once, there were still sinks
in my DEM. After running r.fill.dir 5 total times, I removed all of the
sinks in the DEM and r.drain worked well.

Thanks for indulging a new user!

Charlie

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 11:52 AM, Ivan Marchesini <ivan.marchesini at gmail.com