[GRASS-user] r.li circular window and not integer radius

Sergio Vignali vignalisergio30 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 11:51:27 PDT 2014

So, here my steps with GRASS 7:
I used the North Carolina mapset, I chose the raster map landuse96_28m and
set the region to this map
setup for r.li module: create new configuration file for r.li module

Select maps and define name
    Name for new configuration file to create      circmw
    Raster map to use to select areas               landuse96_28m at PERMANENT
    Define sampling region(region for analysis    Whole map layer
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/kbbm5udk81rwwsn/r_li_shannon.png?dl=0

next>>

Insert sampling areas    moving window
choose a method          use keyboard to enter sampling area
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x0p2c1i5hi9021e/grass2.png?dl=0

next>>

Set moving windows
    select type of shape               circle
    what radius size(in metres)?    50
    name of the circle mask         circlemw50
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jp9anfx1kur0qyx/grass3.png?dl=0

next>>

the window shows the Summary
https://www.dropbox.com/s/blinm97w90uig7f/grass4.png?dl=0

Finish>>

Do you want to create a r.li configuartion file (circmw)? Yes

The configuration file doesn't appeare on the GRASS GIS Setup for r.li
modules on the list of available sampling area configuration files
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y0mifl4dx872o7v/grass5.png?dl=0

While I'm writing my steps I see an error message on the command console
(see below)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1b5hjmp745wh1hk/grass6.png?dl=0

anyway if I open again the setup module my configuration file is on the
list, and then
View/Edit buttom>> the window is empty
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1b5hjmp745wh1hk/grass7.png?dl=0

I hope this can help you to find the error

All the best

Sergio

--
Sergio Vignali