[GRASS-user] raster exchange between GRASS and R with nodata

Johannes Radinger johannesradinger at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 06:47:00 PDT 2014

On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 3:38 PM, Nuno Sá <nunocesardesa at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Did you try this one?
>
> *r.out.gdal etc nodata*=*'NA'*

As mentioned in the manual of r.out.gdal, the no data parameter takes only
float values
and no strings like 'NA'. Without stating as specific value in GRASS, this
nodata-value is
automatically set to e.g. 65535 for DCELL rasters if I remember correctly
and to 255
for BYTE rasters. However, this seems not to be recognized when imported
into R with
the package 'raster'.

/Johannes