[GRASS-user] GRASS7: problems with WMS

Hermann Peifer peifer at gmx.eu
Wed Sep 17 23:41:46 PDT 2014

Hi All,

I am trying to load a WMS using GRASS7, which I compiled from
svn/release branch.

Connecting to the WMServer, selecting and adding a layer works fine, but
I do not get any image into the map display.

The GUI's Map Console reports:
Unable to determine region, m.proj failed

The console, from which I started the GUI says:
ERROR 4: `/path/to/mapset/.tmp/hostname/3199.12' does not exist in the
file system, and is not recognised as a supported dataset name.

After noting the error related to region/m.proj, I tried both: to load a
WMS in EPSG:3035 into my LAEA location and to load another WMS in
EPSG:4326 into my WGS84 location, whithout any luck.

Any hints?

Thanks in advance, Hermann