[GRASS-user] problem to install grass70 on ubuntu 12.04

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu Sep 18 10:27:48 PDT 2014

Hmm, I don't think libgdal1h and -dev are the same thing. libgdal1h is a
dep of libgdal-dev and gdalbin. libgdal1h is the library and -dev is the
dev files that go with the library.

There is no libgdal1h-dev (it's libgdal-dev afaik)

I think the issue is that on ubuntu 12.04 the stock libgdal1-dev
http://packages.ubuntu.com/precise/libgdal1-dev
On stock systems libgdal-dev is an alias for libgdal1-dev

I'm not really sure what the fix here is, other than making the grass
ppa depend on the ubuntugis ppa, or getting the grass70 package into
ubuntugis and telling people to use that one. Or to copy newer gdal over
from ubuntugis into the grass ppa for Precise.

Thanks,
Alex

On 09/18/2014 05:58 AM, Rashad M wrote:
> Hi Markus,
>
> Pushed the proposed changes and waiting for a clean build.
>
> https://code.launchpad.net/~grass/+recipe/grass70-release
>
> On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 6:15 PM, Rashad M <mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Yes,
>>
>> I had this in control file.
>>
>>  libgdal-dev | libgdal1-dev,
>>
>> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~grass/grass/grass70_release_debian/view/head:/control
>>

>> On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 6:01 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

>>> ... was this ever implemented in the control file of the PPA?
>>> Still problems are reported.
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>> Markus