[GRASS-user] Equidistant points along lines of a vector network

Johannes Radinger johannesradinger at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 01:23:58 PDT 2014

Hi,

I've got a vector network (river network) and I want to place points
along that network. The points should be placed every 250 m starting
from the outlet. Any network junctions should be ignored so that every
point is 250 apart from the next upstream and downstream point.

With the tool v.segment only the single parts of the polyline (lines between
nodes) are splitted based on the distance parameter. So v.segment ignores
the network. Maybe v.net.iso can be of use in this case, but here I am
missing
the option to create points in given distance classes from a starting point.

Is there any specific GRASS tool or procedure for such tasks?
Any suggestions?

Best regards,
Johannes