[GRASS-user] how to tweak the parameters to speed up i.segment

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 05:19:37 PDT 2014

Moritz,

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 1:36 PM, Moritz Lennert <
mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:

> On 26/09/14 11:56, Margherita Di Leo wrote:
>

>  meansize
>>

> I suppose you mean minsize ?

Oops.. yep

> [...]
>

> You could possible speed up things if you have several CPUs by cutting up
> your image in several regions and processing them in parallel. Then you
> would probably want to patch the results and run i.segment again with this
> result as seed map. Haven't tried this, yet, though, and so I don't know
> what effect this will have on segmentation results. You might have to do
> some r.mapcalc'ing before patching to ensure that all segments have unique
> ids...
>

>> Thank you very much for your precious hints. I'll go this direction.

cheers,
madi

--
Best regards,

Dr. Margherita DI LEO
Scientific / technical project officer

European Commission - DG JRC
Via Fermi, 2749
I-21027 Ispra (VA) - Italy - TP 261

Tel. +39 0332 78 3600
margherita.di-leo at jrc.ec.europa.eu

Disclaimer: The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not
in any circumstance be regarded as stating an official position of the
European Commission.