[GRASS-user] i.group with patterns as name for input

umberto.minora umberto.minora at unimi.it
Wed Apr 1 07:16:52 PDT 2015

I am using 'i.group' to create groups of maps whose names begin with a common
prefix (e.g. "prova_*").
I was wondering if there is a way to create a list of such maps in the
"i.group" function for the "input" argument", similarly to what "pattern"
option of "g.list" (and other functions) does.

For example: if my maps are [prova_01, prova_02, ..., prova100], I would
like to insert them in the same group by doing something like:

    run_command("i.group", type="raster", input="prova_*")

Any suggestion? Ah, I am using Python for grass scripting. Thanks in advance

    Umberto