[GRASS-user] Line_Height to db attribute

Nick Cahill ndcahill at wisc.edu
Wed Apr 8 15:56:39 PDT 2015

I have a series of vector contour maps imported from CAD files. The CAD lines were digitized in 3d so the lines were set at the proper height, and I imported them with v.in.dxf. The z values now come in as Line_height values:

east, north: 586205.150707, 4261840.15315
map28 at PERMANENT:
  Type: Line
  Id: 120
  Length: 1005.435416
  Line_height: 160.0
  Layer: 1
  Category: 120
  Driver: sqlite
  Database: /Users/nick/Documents/Grass/sardis/PERMANENT/dbf/sardisutm.rsd
  Table: map28_con10
  Key_column: cat
  Attributes:
    cat: 120
    layer: CON10
    entity: LWPOLYLINE
    handle: 3E1

I’m sure there’s an easy way to get those Line_Height values into proper z coordinates, but I cannot figure out how to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

Nick Cahill