[GRASS-user] region settings and wx display

Paulo van Breugel p.vanbreugel at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 14:15:42 PDT 2015

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 10:57 PM, Tyler Smith <tyler at plantarum.ca> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 15, 2015, at 04:40 PM, Moritz Lennert wrote:
> >
> > Not to argue against such a popup, but note that this is not something
> > new since grass7. This behaviour is actually quite old and was already
> > present in the preceding GUI, gis.m.
>
> Did the gis.m and d.mon interface differ in grass6 then? I never used
> gis.m.

I am using GRASS GIS for quite a while, and I can't even remember it
(gis.m) behaving differently (might be my poor memory of course), and I am
also very happy it behaves like it does.

> Perhaps my use case (calling d.mon from grass-mode in emacs) is
> too unusual to warrant making an explicit pop-up/tool-tip.

If one would find such a popup useful (I don't), I would suggest to make it
more general, e.g., "zoom out - only affects display, region remains
unaffected", or just "zoom out - only affects display".