[GRASS-user] default database grass 7.1?

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 00:27:26 PDT 2015

Hi,

I run into this issue today:

r.to.vect input=tty output=tty type=area --o

Extracting areas...
Writing areas...
dbmi: Protocol error
ERROR: Cannot insert new row: insert into tty values (3968805, 12, '')
dbmi: Protocol error

Running db.connect -p I found out that my database was dbf. I'm
running GRASS 7.1.svn (r65027). Naive question: default database is not
sqlite?

db.connect --help

 Prints/sets general DB connection for current mapset.

 database, attribute table, connection settings

Usage:

 db.connect [-pgcd] [driver=name] [database=name] [schema=name]

   [group=string] [--help] [--verbose] [--quiet] [--ui]

Flags:

  -p   Print current connection parameters and exit

        Substitute variables in database settings

  -g   Print current connection parameters using shell style and exit

  -c   Check connection parameters, set if uninitialized, and exit

  -d   Set from default settings and exit

        Overwrite current settings if already initialized

 --h   Print usage summary

 --v   Verbose module output

 --q   Quiet module output

 --ui  Force launching GUI dialog

Parameters:

    driver   Name of database driver

             default: sqlite

  database   Name of database

             *default: $GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/dbf/*

    schema   Database schema

              Do not use this option if schemas are not supported by
driver/database server

     group   Default group of database users to which select privilege is
granted

I'm puzzled.

madi before massive morning coffee.

--
Best regards,

Dr. Margherita DI LEO
Scientific / technical project officer

European Commission - DG JRC
Via Fermi, 2749
I-21027 Ispra (VA) - Italy - TP 261

Tel. +39 0332 78 3600
margherita.di-leo at jrc.ec.europa.eu

Disclaimer: The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not
in any circumstance be regarded as stating an official position of the
European Commission.