[GRASS-user] GRASS7 - installation problem, MySQL support, X11 support

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Apr 26 13:21:18 PDT 2015

On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 8:12 PM, Dominik Abrahám
<dominikabraham at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I have some questions and I'll be thankful for any advices.
>
> Accordint to manual
> (http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Compile_and_Install#GRASS_7_on_Debian_Wheezy),
> when I try to install GRASS7 on my server, step "configure - Line 6227
> CFLAGS="$CFLAGS $LIBLAS_CFLAGS" to CFLAGS="$CFLAGS $LIBLAS_CFLAGS
> $LIBLAS_INC"" doesn't run. But when I skip this step, GRASS7 seems to be
> installed correctly.
> What does this step mean?

I have checked and updated the Debian instructions mentioned above.
That strange line is garbage, now removed.

> In this manual, MySQL is part of the configure. Why needs GRASS7 MySQL?

In fact, not needed. I have commented it out.

> What I need to do, when I want to have GRASS7 with GUI on my server and when
> I want to access it from my PC via X11?

The actual version on the Wiki allows for that.

Simply connect to your server with display forwarding:

ssh -Y yourserver

Then start GRASS GIS 7 and the GUI will come up over ssh.

Just tested with a server which is > 500km away from my home :-)

Best
Markus

--
http://courses.neteler.org