[GRASS-user] GRASS-7svn: Specify wxPython Version

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sun Aug 2 05:31:12 PDT 2015

Rich Shepard wrote:

>    This situation appears related to generating some html. Does this
>    help indentifying the source of my problem?

The manual page for a module normally involves running the module with
the --html-description switch to get a list of its options. This
ensures that the options listed in the manual page always reflect
those actually supported by the module, without depending upon the
documentation being updated manually.

The g.gui.tplot script unconditionally imports core.giface, which
imports core.utils, which imports core.globalvar, which calls
CheckForWx() at the top-level. Consequently, any issues with the
wxPython installation will cause the script to fail even when run only
with e.g. the --help or --html-description options.

As for why the wxPython check fails, I would assume that it's
something specific to your particular installation.