[GRASS-user] Run grass console from a cronjob

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 13:14:18 PDT 2015

I've seen your email about wrong shell but anyway:

On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 10:47 AM, Andrea Peri <aperi2007 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have some relative path, but my first
> line in bash is a
>
> " cd /home/--path-to-grass-position "
>
> to set the script in the right position in filesystem.

What you actually have in the crontab? Script or a grass70 call? Both
should work anyway. Usually you have some script in any case. Either it is
a general script and you call it from crontab and then call GRASS from
there in some way or you have a script for GRASS and you call `grass` with
the script (see below).

For 7.0 the (way too short (please contribute)) documentation is:

https://grass.osgeo.org/grass70/manuals/grass7.html#running-non-interactive-batch-jobs

For trunk/7.1 there is one other option:

https://grass.osgeo.org/grass71/manuals/grass7.html#exec-interface-example