[GRASS-user] Unexpected result with v.net op=connect. No attributes on new lines.

Lluís Vicens lluis at sigte.udg.es
Fri Dec 18 03:59:51 PST 2015

Hi all,

I'm doing some basic exercises based on v.net on GRASS GIS but I'm
getting some unexpected results (according to my knowledge and my
understanding of the v.net manual). When I execute the following command:

v.net input=streets_clean points=libraries output=network
operation=connect threshold=50

I get unsatisfactory results according to the v.net manual: "While the
arcs created with v.net will retain any attribute information associated
with the input vector line/boundary file in data layer 1, nodes created
and stored in data layer 2 will not have any associated attribute
information."

The problem is that the new created lines connecting the points
(libraries) to the existing network (streets_clean) doesn't retain
neither show any kind of attributes. There is a new geometry with no
attributes associated. As far as I remember, older GRASS GIS versions
(6.4.x) worked well on this issue.

Any hints?

My GRASS GIS version on gnu/linux:
/version=7.0.1//
//date=2015//
//revision=00000//
//build_date=2015-08-06//
//build_platform=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/

I've already tested a Windows version with the same results
/version=7.0.2
date=2015
revision=66861
build_date=2015-11-19
build_platform=i686-pc-mingw32

/
--
*Lluís Vicens*
Servei de Sistemes d'Informació Geogràfica

http://www.sigte.udg.edu
Twitter http://twitter.com/SIGTE_UDG