[GRASS-user] Unexpected result with v.net op=connect. No attributes on new lines.

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Fri Dec 18 05:33:22 PST 2015

LluĂ­s Vicens wrote
> Hi all,
>
> I'm doing some basic exercises based on v.net on GRASS GIS but I'm
> getting some unexpected results (according to my knowledge and my
> understanding of the v.net manual). When I execute the following command:
>
> v.net input=streets_clean points=libraries output=network
> operation=connect threshold=50
>
> I get unsatisfactory results according to the v.net manual: "While the
> arcs created with v.net will retain any attribute information associated
> with the input vector line/boundary file in data layer 1, nodes created
> and stored in data layer 2 will not have any associated attribute
> information."
>
> The problem is that the new created lines connecting the points
> (libraries) to the existing network (streets_clean) doesn't retain
> neither show any kind of attributes. There is a new geometry with no
> attributes associated. As far as I remember, older GRASS GIS versions
> (6.4.x) worked well on this issue.
>
> Any hints?
>
> My GRASS GIS version on gnu/linux:
> /version=7.0.1//
> //date=2015//
> //revision=00000//
> //build_date=2015-08-06//
> //build_platform=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/
>
> I've already tested a Windows version with the same results
> /version=7.0.2
> date=2015
> revision=66861
> build_date=2015-11-19
> build_platform=i686-pc-mingw32

just tested the example from the manual [1] with:

GRASS version: 7.1.svn
GRASS SVN revision: 67197
Build date: 2015-12-17
Build platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32
GDAL: 1.11.3
PROJ.4: 4.9.2
GEOS: 3.5.0
SQLite: 3.7.17
Python: 2.7.5
wxPython: 2.8.12.1
Platform: Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 (OSGeo4W)

it works as expected, the attribute table of the lines is in the connected
node-line-vector layer. can you test it with the NC sample data set [2]?

[1] https://grass.osgeo.org/grass71/manuals/v.net.html
[2] https://grass.osgeo.org/download/sample-data/

-----
best regards