[GRASS-user] How to read the v.build-dump options?

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon Feb 2 00:50:20 PST 2015

On 30/01/15 12:16, Helmer Schack-Kirchner wrote:
> Dear grass-user members,
> to identify nodes of lines and to analyse the geometry of  line
> crossings the output of the dump of v.build seems to be very useful.
> However I do not benefit fully of this data, because I did not find any
> explanation of the output format. Where can I find a documentation?

Check here:

http://grass.osgeo.org/programming7/vlibTopology.html

notably the section 'Body (nodes, lines, areas, isles)'

This should make it clear. Another way to help understand is to actually
display the topology info with the map, e.g.:

d.vect roadsmajor display=shape,topo,dir

(i.e. check the boxes 'Display topology information' and 'Display
direction of linear features' in the vector display GUI).

Moritz