[GRASS-user] difference between the sum and num options in v.rast.stats

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 02:48:22 PST 2015

Hi Nikos,

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 11:31 AM, Nikos Alexandris <nik at nikosalexandris.net>
wrote:

> On 12.02.2015 11:43, Margherita Di Leo wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> what is the difference between the sum and num options in v.rast.stats?
>> comparing the results of the two columns they appear to be the same, but
>> I'm sure I'm missing something.
>> Thanks for any pointers
>>

> Hello Madi.
>
> "statistics are calculated per vector category (cat) from the raster
> map".  So, maybe there is nothing wrong in this very case of yours?

Sorry I was unclear. I don't think there is something wrong, I was just
wondering : what is the difference between the two options for method:
"sum" and "num". Because they are two different options, but in my case
provide same result.

--
Best regards,

Dr. Margherita DI LEO
Scientific / technical project officer

European Commission - DG JRC
Via Fermi, 2749
I-21027 Ispra (VA) - Italy - TP 261

Tel. +39 0332 78 3600
margherita.di-leo at jrc.ec.europa.eu

Disclaimer: The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not
in any circumstance be regarded as stating an official position of the
European Commission.