[GRASS-user] Choosing mapset from command line

Johannes Radinger johannesradinger at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 07:58:45 PST 2015

Maybe I expressed myself unclear or mixed things up:

I want to get the text based menu to select e.g. a location and a mapset,
which I think is called "text-based location wizzard" [1]. I mixed that up
with the "welcome screen". And of course I don't need the welcome screen.

I was just confused because the wiki [2] says:
"*grass70 -text:* Start GRASS using the text-based user interface. The user
will be *prompted* to choose the appropriate location and mapset."
However I get automatically started into my last session which is actually
the definition of:
"*grass70 -text *Start GRASS using the text-based user interface.
Appropriate location and mapset must be set by environmental variables (see
examples bellow) otherwise taken from the last GRASS session."

So is the location wizzard not exisiting anymore in GRASS70? If not, is
g.mapset from within an existing mapset the recommended way to go to create
and start into a new mapset? Another option would be only to create the
mapset with g.mapset from inside an existing mapset and than to restart
grass with "grass70 newmapset".

[1]
http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_Location_Wizard#Text_based_location_wizard
[2] http://grass.osgeo.org/grass70/manuals/grass7.html