[GRASS-user] Is the location's VAR file required?

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 12:25:15 PST 2015

I think we should really implement #2579 [1] in one way or the other. This
would make custom setups [2] not necessary for most cases. What do you
think? What should be the command line parameters?

Vaclav

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2579
[2]
http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Working_with_GRASS_without_starting_it_explicitly

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 1:26 PM, G. Allegri <giohappy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Markus,
> I wrote the details in another recent email and I forgot to write the
here, sorry.
> GRASS 7.0.0 RC1 on Ubuntu 14.04.
> I'm creating a temporary database with an empty start location, with no
CRS defined (proj code 0, i.e. XY).
> My location contains only the the WIND and DEFAULT_WIND files with the
following content:

> proj:       0
> zone:       0
> north:      1
> south:      0
> east:       1
> west:       0
> cols:       1
> rows:       1
> e-w resol:  1
> n-s resol:  1
> top:        1
> bottom:     0
> cols3:      1
> rows3:      1
> depths:     1
> e-w resol3: 1
> n-s resol3: 1
> t-b resol:  1
>
> The env variables I'm using are:
>
> export PYTHONPATH='/usr/lib/grass70/etc/python'
> export GISRC='/tmp/tmp9YVf_N/gisrc'
> export GRASS_VERSION='7.0.0'
> export
PATH='/usr/lib/grass70/bin:/usr/lib/grass70/scripts:/home/giova/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin'

http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Working_with_GRASS_without_starting_it_explicitly#GRASS_databases