[GRASS-user] GRASS 7 temporal module under Windows

Ariel ariel.esteban85 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 08:29:03 PST 2015

Moyano Capilla, Jose Eduardo <josmoy <at> ceh.ac.uk> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I am pretty new with GRASS, so sorry for the more than likely stupid
question.

> I am trying to use the new temporal module in GRASS 7 running under
Windows 7 (I am waiting for authorization to use it under Linux). I am
following the example presented in the FOSS4G 2014 workshop
(http://fatra.cnr.ncsu.edu/temporal-grass-workshop/)
>  but when I try to register the temporal dataset I get an error. It
has a lot of lines, but I think the key is in the following:

> RuntimeError:
>             Attempt to start a new process before the
> current process
>             has finished its bootstrapping phase.
>             This probably means that you are on Windows and
> you have
>             forgotten to use the proper idiom in the main
> module:
>                 if __name__ == '__main__':
>                     freeze_support()
>             The "freeze_support()" line can be omitted if
> the program
>             is not going to be frozen to produce a Windows
> executable.
>

> I am just running the commands through the GUI, should I create a
python script to resolve that “freeze_support()” issue? As I said, I am
pretty new and that would take some time, that’s why I prefer to ask
first if that’s the way...

> Thank you in advance!!
>
> Jose
>
> This message (and any attachments) is for the recipient only. NERC is
subject to the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and the contents of this
email and any reply you make may be disclosed by NERC unless it is
exempt
>  from release under the Act. Any material supplied to NERC may be
stored in an electronic records management system.