[GRASS-user] Importing USGS' wrs2_descending Shapefile

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Wed Jan 14 03:37:14 PST 2015

Nikos Alexandris:

Markus Neteler wrote:

> I think that their overlapping areas cannot be represented as pure
> topological model.

Right.

> Hence, you need to maintain them (AFAIK it is the -c option in
> v.in.ogr).
> Please correct me if I am wrong.

I'll do so.

> The question is: what's you scope? Visualization?

A complete set of tools for Landsat data, inside GRASS, requires a
proper trimming utility.  The existing add-on  i.landsat.trim  does not
satisfy my needs.

Using a slightly modified version of
<ttps://github.com/robintw/LatLongToWRS>,  which I'll integrate into (my
yet-unifinished personal mini-project) <i.landsat.wrs2trim>, one will
simply need to tell which landsat scene(s) (or, optionally, the desired
path & row combination(s)) should be border-pixel-trimmed.

I've decided to go the hardway, meaning, let the user or the script,
get the "wrs2_descending.shp" file, import it in GRASS and let the
module do its work.  Or, perhaps, share along with the module a clean
vector data set (in GRASS' native format? compressed?).

Nikos