[GRASS-user] SQLITE db locking problem - update

Mark Wynter mark at dimensionaledge.com
Mon Jan 19 03:59:42 PST 2015

Still no luck solving SQLite db locking issue.

I’ve opted for PG db instead - a nicer solution insofar PG is where the data comes from and goes to in my analytics pipeline.  There’s also an efficiency dividend, thanks to  the v.out.postgis -t flag - which exports the grass geometries and cat values, but not the attribute table - which is much faster than v.out.ogr, as the grass attribute data is already in PG.  I then use psql to do a join in PostGIS on the geom and attribute cat values to build the final table for subsequent analysis in PostGIS.   :-))

v.out.postgis -t  is a great feature - thanks Martin Landa!!!

Message: 1