[GRASS-user] Color Vector by text attribute

Richard Nairn richard at nairnconsulting.ca
Wed Jan 28 10:36:20 PST 2015

Hi,

I haven't used GRASS in a while and I'm having some difficulty trying to
figure out out the best way to symbolize my vectors like I might in ArcMap.

The issue is trying to colour the vector by a text attribute. I have a
type field with things like "T","F","Tv"... Do I really have to add the
RBGVALUE field and then update that for every distinct entry? Or is
there an easier way to do that. That seems like an awful hassle to do that.

Thanks