[GRASS-user] GRASS7 - Error (python:14221): Gtk-CRITICAL - Ubuntugis-unstable

Thayse Nery thayse.nery at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 4 22:12:20 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I installed GRASS 7 and QGis from the https://launchpad.net/~ubuntugis/+archive/ubuntu/ubuntugis-unstable (Trusty
14.04) in Linux Mint 17.1 two weeks ago (sudo apt-get install postgis libgdal1h grass-dev grass-gui monteverdi2) and GRASS7 worked well for a week and now I have
the following Error when I start the GRASS terminal:

Starting
GRASS GIS...

(python:14221):
Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_get_direction: assertion
'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

(python:14221):
Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_get_direction: assertion
'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

(python:14221):
Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_get_direction: assertion
'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

(python:14221):
Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_get_direction: assertion
'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

have uninstalled GRASS and installed again but I sill get the same
error. How can I fix this error?

Further, QGIS doesn't recognize GRASS7. Actually, I can see GRASS 7 on the QGis toolbox but it doesn't work.
Is QGis prepared to support GRASS 7 through the QGIS/GRASS plugin? When I run the GRASS 7 from QGis toolbox I have the following Error:

GRASS_INFO_MESSAGE(14387,3):
r.composite complete. Raster map created.

GRASS_INFO_END(14387,3)

GRASS_INFO_ERROR(14389,1):
Raster map or group not found

GRASS_INFO_END(14389,1)

Execution
of '/home/thayse/.qgis2//processing/grass7_batch_job.sh' finished.

Cleaning
up temporary files...

Starting
GRASS GIS...

Executing
'/home/thayse/.qgis2//processing/grass7_batch_job.sh' ...

GRASS_INFO_ERROR(14401,1):
Raster map or group not found

GRASS_INFO_END(14401,1)

Execution
of '/home/thayse/.qgis2//processing/grass7_batch_job.sh' finished.

Cleaning
up temporary files...

Converting
outputs
resulting layers

Is
possible to have GRASS 6.4 installed in parallel to GRASS 7? What
would be the best way to have both GRASS 6.4 and GRASS 7.0 installed
on Linux Mint 17.1 from repositories?
Many thanks for your help.
Regards

Thayse Nery
PhD. StudentSchool of Agricultural and Resource Economics (M089)The University of Western Australia35 Stirling Highway, Crawley WA 6009, Australia