[GRASS-user] thematic map legend text not shown

henk witte henk.witte at groenholland.nl
Thu Jul 16 00:14:46 PDT 2015

Dear All,

I am running GRASS 7.0

I have been using GRASS GIS for a short time now but am impressed with the possibilities. However, I may have run into a problem. I have created a thematic map (d.vect.thematic) and saved the legend. I then use d.graph to display the legend. The class colors show up fine, but the accompanying text is not displayed. I have been playing around with d.graph, manually trying to draw text, but I cannot get any text to display.

The legend file looks like:

size 8 8
symbol basic/box 25 5 10 black 255:255:204
move 8 9
text 0.000000 - 0.308333 | 133
symbol basic/box 25 5 16 black 217:240:163
move 8 15
text 0.308333 - 0.616667 | 282
symbol basic/box 25 5 22 black 173:221:142
move 8 21
text 0.616667 - 0.925000 | 114
symbol basic/box 25 5 28 black 120:198:121
move 8 27
text 0.925000 - 1.233333 | 92
symbol basic/box 25 5 34 black 49:163:84
move 8 33
text 1.233333 - 1.541667 | 0
symbol basic/box 25 5 40 black 0:104:55
move 8 39
text 1.541667 - 1.850000 | 2

I have also tried, for instance:
color black
size 20
move 10 50
text "ThequickbrownfoxThequickbrownfox"
draw 100 10

Here I try to draw some big text. I also draw a line (which displays fine), the idea being that the start of the line should change if I make the text longer. However, the line always starts at the same position.

I hope someone knows a solution!

Thanks,

Henk Witte
Groenholland Geo-energysystems