[GRASS-user] Query vector type has problems

Andres Kuusk andres at to.ee
Thu Jul 30 03:06:36 PDT 2015

Hello!

Vector commands v.what.vect and v.distance do not fill the attribute
column of a point vector.

I created small test vectors, a vector map 'varea' of area type which has
an area polygon, and a vector map of points 'vpoints' - 191 GPS
way-points, 135 of which are inside the polygon.

The command

v.what.vect map=vpoints column=aid query_map=varea query_column=aid

returns:

Finding nearest features...
Update vector attributes...
191 categories - no nearest feature found

The same result I get using v.distance:

v.distance from=vpoints to=varea dmax=0. upload=to_attr column=aid to_column=aid

Finding nearest features...
Update vector attributes...
191 categories - no nearest feature found

If I omit the option 'dmax=0.' all points get the attribute 'aid', also
the points outside the polygon.
Both vectors have several columns in the table of attributes.

The OS is OpenSUSE-13.1, 3.11.10-25-desktop, x86_64.
The problem is there in:

GRASS-7.0.0-2.42 from the repository
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Application:/Geo/openSUSE_13.1

GRASS-7.1 SVN r65785M
(GRASS GIS 7.1.svn r65785M compilation log: No errors detected.)

GRASS-7.0 SVN r58582.

An old svn-version of 7.0 did the work (r51370):
v.what.vect ...
Finding nearest feature..
Finding nearest areas...
Update vector attributes...
2837 categories - no nearest feature found
23679 categories read from the map
23679 categories exist in the table
23679 categories read from the map exist in the table
v.distance complete. 23679 records updated.

20842 points have got the attribute.

Andres Kuusk
Tartu Observatory, Estonia