[GRASS-user] GRASS-7svn: Specify wxPython Version

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Jul 30 06:36:50 PDT 2015

Rich Shepard wrote:

> > The wxPython version is handled by the CheckForWx() function in
> > gui/wxpython/core/globalvar.py. The default is taken from the
> > GRASS_WXVERSION environment variable if that's defined, otherwise it
> > allows wxversion to select the version, subject to the constraint that the
> > version must be at least 2.8.10.1.
>
> Glynn,
>
>    The versions installed here are 2.8.12.1 and 3.0.2.0. I prefer to build
> GRASS with the latter version. Having tried to specify the GRASS_WXVERSION
> variable in various GRASS source files and exported from ~/.bash_profile
> without successfully building tplot I would appreciate your suggestion where
> that environment variable should be inserted.

It's an environment variable. You can set environment variables within
an existing shell session with e.g.

	export GRASS_WXVERSION=2.8-gtk2-unicode

If you're using bash, you can set environment variables in
~/.bash_profile or ~/.bashrc or various other places, but those are
only read when starting a new shell (~/.bash_profile is only read when
starting a login shell); changing those file won't affect any existing
shell sessions.