[GRASS-user] GRASS-7svn: Specify wxPython Version

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jul 29 06:36:00 PDT 2015

On Mon, 27 Jul 2015, Glynn Clements wrote:

> The wxPython version is handled by the CheckForWx() function in
> gui/wxpython/core/globalvar.py. The default is taken from the
> GRASS_WXVERSION environment variable if that's defined, otherwise it
> allows wxversion to select the version, subject to the constraint that the
> version must be at least 2.8.10.1.

Glynn,

   The versions installed here are 2.8.12.1 and 3.0.2.0. I prefer to build
GRASS with the latter version. Having tried to specify the GRASS_WXVERSION
variable in various GRASS source files and exported from ~/.bash_profile
without successfully building tplot I would appreciate your suggestion where
that environment variable should be inserted.

Thanks,

Rich