[GRASS-user] Appending map to another with GRASS 7

simogeo simon.georget at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 09:15:21 PDT 2015

Hi list,

I experience some difficulties related to v.patch and category / attributes
when merging vector maps together.

I've read the following thread :
osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Appending-a-map-to-another-td5176882.html and
proceeded the way Markus dis explained it. FI 'm working with grass70.

*Point I : *
As Tommaso said (in mentioned thread), I noticed that the /v.category
option=sum to change the categories  / doesn't seem to be needed because
grass reclass it automatically. Is this correct ?

*Point II*

More problematic, opening attributes table, I can see the following cats :

10003 30006 60009 70013 90017 120021

And /v.category input=poly_iso option=print layer=1 id=1-50/ will return
same values

but displaying it on the map shows both boundaries and areas - And
retrieving attributes on click will only work on areas. On the image below,
I have 3 areas (sometimes it is 2).

<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5209201/v.png>

And exporting with /v.out.ogr/ says that features without category were
skipped - here 3 (on a total of 6).

I use v.patch in a loop and do as follow :

Thanks for your help. I'm struggling with that !