[GRASS-user] i.atcorr for GeoEye-1 and Worldview-3

Nick Ves vesnikos at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 01:44:18 PDT 2015

​​
Take note for WV3 [0] digital globe states that
​​
"
 WorldView-3 addresses this problem by being the first commercial imaging
satellite with an atmospheric sensor as part of its payload. During image
capture, the WorldView-3 atmospheric sensor is designed to detect the
presence of clouds, aerosols and water vapor at 31 meter resolution,
thereby measuring the exact atmospheric conditions corresponding to every
recorded image [...].

*​​DigitalGlobe has developed proprietary algorithms that use these
atmospheric measurements to normalize WorldView-3 imagery for consistency*.
This normalization is called atmospheric compensation, which is especially
important for information extraction, such as change detection and
vegetation analysis because changes
*​​due to the ​​atmosphere have been removed*.
​
"

Which seems to imply that their (of-the-shelf) products are already
cleaned​ from any atmospheric artistic.

​Further confirmation on that would I think is needed.​

[0]
https://www.digitalglobe.com/sites/default/files/DG_Pixels_to_Products_forWeb.pdf