[GRASS-user] i.atcorr for GeoEye-1 and Worldview-3

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Jun 5 08:35:08 PDT 2015

On 05/06/15 12:28, Moritz Lennert wrote:
> On 05/06/15 10:52, Nikos Alexandris wrote:
>> * Moritz Lennert <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> [2015-06-05 09:43:40 +0200]:
>>
>> ..

>>> Is this data confidential ? I would imagine that for DigitalGlobe it is
>>> an advantage if software can use their products, or ?
>>
>> I don't think this data is confidential. If we dig more, it must be
>> somewhere. But, as with WV2, and other sensors, when I set out to get
>> the respective numbers, I realised that it wasn't a str8 line.  For
>> example, <http://apollomapping.com/> offered these numbers in white
>> papers and excel files, while DG did not.
>>
>> Note, that commercial software did have these numbers integrated already
>> in their corresponding processing tools. And, though I haven't checked,
>> I guess there is already the option to perform conversions and
>> atmospherric corrections for WV3 imagery.
>>
>> If these data are for sale, I am in to contribute in buying them, as
>> much as I can.
>
> The problem is not only getting the data, but being allowed to integrate
> them into GPL'ed source code.
>
> I'll see if I can do the approximation from the graphs today, so that we
> already have something to start with.

Here is the data from the first graph in the document [1], i.e. visible,
nir and pan bands. The attached graphic showing the results seems quite
similar to the one in the document. But this is still only an
approximation !

We still need the data for the swir bands, but I have to stop for now.

Moritz

[1]
https://www.digitalglobe.com/sites/default/files/DigitalGlobe_Spectral_Response_1.pdf