[GRASS-user] r.profile (2)

Stuart Edwards sedwards2 at cinci.rr.com
Sun Jun 7 08:13:42 PDT 2015

Following from my last post, I have tried to run r.profile from the command line in the gui and get the following result:

cat GIS/pipe.csv | r.profile input=DEM output=profilepoints.csv

2333260.42997275|283492.366510945
2332781.50053664|284313.973628534
2332160.55154489|285786.542229875
2332053.96172429|286488.327006598
2331314.65894525|288389.85845121
2331231.52240903|288467.342124536

1575828.22366994|740444.684641808
1575808.07032398|745857.66226285
1577200.35143553|749013.036058446
1577244.2755904|750323.681238862
cat: |: No such file or directory
cat: r.profile: No such file or directory
cat: input=DEM: No such file or directory
cat: output=profilepoints.csv: No such file or directory

since my command line skills are virtually none existent, can anyone suggest what is wrong (my line mimics that on the man page - or so I thought)

thx

Stu