[GRASS-user] Appending map to another with GRASS 7

simogeo simon.georget at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 14:52:53 PDT 2015

Markus Neteler wrote
> Well, it depends on what you need.
> In http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5209201/v.png I don't see
> needed overlaps unless the areas are stacked like the towers of
> Hanoi...

Indeed, they are like towers of Hanoi....
The given link below related to Vector topology is explicit enough :

 />> Boundaries should not cross each other (i.e., boundaries which would
cross must be split at their intersection to form distict boundaries)/

Still, the behavior is a bit strange since on the (top) right of the image,
2 polygons appear to be well-formed - and it should not, as polygons on the
(bottom) right side.

I hope I'll have some more opportunities to run my script on other data,
I'll be watchful !
Thanks again.