[GRASS-user] Appending map to another with GRASS 7

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Jun 8 14:18:55 PDT 2015

On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 10:48 AM, simogeo <simon.georget at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Markus,
>
> Thanks for your reply. Actually,I investigated a bit more and I realized
> that this is probably because of GRASS topological model.
>
> As you can see, some of my generated polygons overlaps others - and some
> centroids may be contained into others polygons (on same vector map). I
> guess, GRASS doesn't like much this situation (could you confirm ?).

Well, it depends on what you need.
In http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5209201/v.png I don't see
needed overlaps unless the areas are stacked like the towers of
Hanoi...

> Anyway, any precision would be appreciated to understand better.

Here is a simple "landing page"
http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Vector_topology

with some intro and which points to various other subtopics.

> If you still think it could be a bug. I'll find time for reporting it.

Honestly, the issue is not yet clear to me. But perhaps you can look
at the material first.

Markus