[GRASS-user] v.to.3d -r option not working properly

JanaKr jkrajc at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 06:42:02 PDT 2015

Hello,

I imported a GMT multisegment ASCII file with contour lines using v.in.ogr,
resulting in 3D vector file. Then I wanted to transform the z-coordinate to
an attribute column using
v.to.3d -r input=contour_3d col="CONC" output=contour_2d
(I added CONC column to contour_3d before, using v.db.addcol map=contour_3d
columns="CONC double precision").
However, the resulting contour_2d column CONC remains empty. No error is
reported.

I am sure contour_3d contains correct Z-values (I transformed it to raster
to see).

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong, please?