[GRASS-user] GRASS BATCH JOB won't unset

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 12:22:51 PDT 2015

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 2:05 PM, Morrison, Bailey Danielle <
bdmorri2 at illinois.edu> wrote:

> The big problem I am having with this step is that I always receive the
error below, even though my shell files specifically use “unset
GRASS_BATCH_JOB”. I have also tried manually entering this in the terminal
with no success. I am obviously doing something wrong to get this to work
correctly.

> ERROR: Job file '/project/oa/akpaleo/radiation/qsub_files/tile_1_1.sh'
has been defined in the 'GRASS_BATCH_JOB' variable but not found. Exiting.

> Use 'unset GRASS_BATCH_JOB' to disable batch job processing.

I'm not sure why are you getting the error. The error doesn't directly
relate to `unset`. It is just suggestion for cases when you have forgotten
to unset the variable in your environment or command line, in scripts you
usually don't have to do it. It says that the script file was not found.
Can you do `ls /projects/...tile_1_1.sh`? What the `chmod u+x ...` says?

I can't speak much about the rest.

In case your could use version compiled from trunk (upcoming 7.1), there is
a new interface you might be interested in:

http://grass.osgeo.org/grass71/manuals/grass7.html#exec-interface-example
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-user/2015-June/072511.html
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2579