[GRASS-user] g.gui.iclas - WindowsError: exception: access violation reading 0x000002E4

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 18:05:58 PDT 2015

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 10:07 AM, Thayse Nery <thayse.nery at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have selected some training areas to apply supervised classification
using g.gui.iclass in Grass 7.0 windows 64 bit. I could exported the
training areas to a vector map to save my work but I cannot import the
vector into g.gui.iclass to rerun the analysis.

> I got the following error:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "C:\Program Files (x86)\GRASS GIS
7.0.0\gui\wxpython\iclass\frame.py", line 537, in OnImportAreas
>     self.ImportAreas(vName)
>   File "C:\Program Files (x86)\GRASS GIS
7.0.0\gui\wxpython\iclass\frame.py", line 594, in ImportAreas
>     self.poMapInfo = digitClass.OpenMap(vname, tmp = True)
>   File "C:\Program Files (x86)\GRASS GIS
7.0.0\gui\wxpython\vdigit\wxdigit.py", line 1649, in OpenMap
>     self.poMapInfo = self._display.OpenMap(str(name), str(mapset),
update, tmp)
>   File "C:\Program Files (x86)\GRASS GIS
7.0.0\gui\wxpython\vdigit\wxdisplay.py", line 962, in OpenMap
>     Vect_set_updated(self.poMapInfo, True) # track updated lines at
update mode
> WindowsError: exception: access violation reading 0x000002E4
>
> I could open the vector in the display but not import it into
g.gui.iclass. When I opened the vector attribute table I can see all 3
categories, but it is not specified how many training sample are within
each class. Is that correct?

Just for the record, these problems were reported in:

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2699

For list of active and closed tickets about g.gui.iclass see:

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/wxGUIDevelopment/wxIClass#Listoftickets