[GRASS-user] Problem in running r.sim.water

vishal tiwari hi.vishal123 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 01:03:45 PDT 2015

Dear Ma'am,

Thank you for your response. Over the past couple of days I tried the
r.sim.water over various number of data-sets and I was able to get the
results for elevation data which have resolution of size greater than 10m.
Although the results for very high resolution data-set were not getting
generated even though the dimensions of the grid was not too big.

So I created two kind of data-sets each having the following meta data:

First (Not working) =>

 |   Type of Map:  raster               Number of Categories:
255             |
 |   Data Type:
FCELL                                                      |
 |   Rows:
49                                                         |
 |   Columns:
131                                                        |
 |   Total Cells:
6419                                                       |
 |        Projection: UTM (zone
13)                                           |
 |            N: 52.33036335    S: 52.32309305   Res:
0.00014837              |
 |            E: 13.04243697    W: 13.03048443   Res:
0.00009124              |
 |   Range of data:    min = 43  max = 103

Second (working) =>

 |   Type of Map:  raster               Number of Categories:
255             |
 |   Data Type:
FCELL                                                      |
 |   Rows:
53                                                         |
 |   Columns:
140                                                        |
 |   Total Cells:
7420                                                       |
 |        Projection: UTM (zone
13)                                           |
 |            N: 52.33058068    S: -477.66941932   Res:
10                 |
 |            E: 1413.03011844    W: 13.03011844   Res:
10                 |
 |   Range of data:    min = 43  max =
103                                    |

First (original) and second both are the same data-set. Second is generated
by changing the resolution size to 10 (in degress, thus changing the S and
E coordinates, which are wrong). But the original data-set have the pixel
size of 10m X 10m (but shown in degrees).

My question being does the format of the datasets projection have to be in
a specific projection format for r.sim.water to work?

Also can you please help me figure out how are the "Time step" value and
"Number of iterations" in the simulation are being calculated, by pointing
me to some references?

Also apologies for the late relay.

Thank you and kind regards,
Vishal Tiwari